1997-07-07 - Re: Hoarding

Header Data

From: Alan <alano@teleport.com>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: dd2745d821f7290be9391d7c4cec18cd71756936a811d3f6da31e3e880edbc4c
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.970707135218.2063E-100000@linda.teleport.com>
Reply To: <v03102804afe7028e0544@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-07 22:06:59 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 06:06:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 06:06:59 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Hoarding

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Tim May wrote:

> The Mormons and other religious groups are well known to stockpile large
> amounts of food. I recall that good Mormons are supposed to have on the
> order of  a year's supply of food.
>
> The effect on militia activities is nil, and even a law which made felons
> of most Mormons and prepared folks would have no effect on militias.

It would have a profound effect on government as a high percentage of
government workers are Mormons.  (Especially amongst agencies like the
IRS.)  There are some interesting reasons as to why this is the case.  It
has to do with the great efforts the Mormon church has gone to to be
accepted by the "authorities".

But that is a discussion best suited to alt.religion.mormon.recovery...

alano@teleport.com | "Those who are without history are doomed to retype it."

Thread