1997-07-06 - Re: AAAS Anonymity Project (Be AFRAID!)

Header Data

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Message Hash: e00bfc8702cf3f0de908eb54d69e88dbe065d67578c370c3613074a562e27b2f
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.970706175420.473G-100000@shirley>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970703114626.23332B-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-06 12:11:02 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 20:11:02 +0800

Raw message

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 20:11:02 +0800
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Subject: Re: AAAS Anonymity Project (Be AFRAID!)

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Robert Hettinga wrote:

[...]

> >      anonymous and pseudonymous communications are desirable, permissible,
> >      or undesirable, and a set of guidelines for the use of anonymous and
> 	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Sounds like an attempt at furthering legislation to curtail our freedoms.
> I say stay the hell away from this.  It smells of evil TLA's.

OTOH if no-one is perpeard to speak up in such formums to defend our
freedom then it will be all the more easy for them to legistrate.  "We did
this study and no-one gave us a good reson for the remailers to
exist. Therefor we should have all the remailers such down and there
owners shot."

Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  Buy easter bilbies.
Save the ABC Is $0.08 per day too much to pay?  ex-net.scum and prouud
I'm sorry but I just don't consider 'because its yucky' a convincing argument

Thread