1997-07-25 - Re: Data Fellows announces F-Secure SSH Tunnel&Terminal

Header Data

From: Petri Laakkonen <Petri.Laakkonen@DataFellows.com>
To: Tom Helenius <F-Secure-Press-Global@DataFellows.com
Message Hash: e5f51d2112146e9b98b87469b78d4601526933f6104a76dac8661404f4cbe349
Message ID: <3.0.32.19970725011140.008fac60@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:35:50 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Petri Laakkonen <Petri.Laakkonen@DataFellows.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tom Helenius <F-Secure-Press-Global@DataFellows.com
Subject: Re: Data Fellows announces F-Secure SSH Tunnel&Terminal

Hi guys,

I'm afraid of that US sales has fallen off the tracks. We need to catch up
ASAP.

At 07:58 PM 7/24/97 +0200, Tom Helenius wrote:
>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
>Data Fellows announces F-Secure SSH Tunnel&Terminal

What's this product all in all ? Has this now replaced F-Secure SSH or is
this one additional derivative of SSH a'la ISP SSH ?

Are the features same as for the most recent SSH clients/servers ? HOw does
this product differ from SSH ?

Any data sheets ?

Is the software

a) shipping
b) downloadable from the web ?
>The remote worker can use e-mail, Internet browser, database tools and all
>the usual applications at home, on the road or in any place with Internet
>access. The big difference, though invisible to the remote worker, is that
>all data communication between the server in the office and the remote user
>is flowing through an encrypted tunnel.

Does this configure itself automatically for most popular office apps as
discussed some time earlier, or do admins still need to do the installation
manually for each computer or count on users doing this themselves ?

>F-Secure SSH Tunnel&Terminal provides strong encryption of data and thus
>sets a new standard for secure remote working. Existing solutions like
>Cisco Systems L2F, IETF L2TP and firewalls don't provide strong encryption
>and authentication, which makes these solutions insecure against
>eavesdropping and IP spoofing attacks. In addition to encrypted tunnels,
>F-Secure Tunnel&Terminal also provides secure terminal connections to UNIX
>hosts and secures UNIX X11 applications.

What would be F-Secure Tunnel's added value over MS pptp ?

>The automatic deployment tool enables straightforward company-wide
>installation and updates.

Interesting. Tell us more about this ?

>F-Secure SSH Tunnel&Terminal is available for win3.1, win95, winNT and UNIX
>operating systems worldwide in the end of July, 1997.

How about our friends from Cupertino (e.g. Apple) ?

Thanks for the additional info in advance,

Petri

Petri.Laakkonen@DataFellows.com, World Wide Web: http://www.DataFellows.com

Data Fellows U.S headquarters has moved ! Our new contacts as of March
24th, 1997 are:

Data Fellows
675 N. First Street, Suite 605
San Jose, CA 95112
phone (408) 938-6700, fax (408) 938-6701

* 				F-Secure              		      *
*            Award-winning Security for Peace of Mind               *
*               from the Desktop to the Internet                    *
*	 	http://www.DataFellows.com/                           *