1997-08-29 - DigiCash issuers

Header Data

From: Zooko Journeyman <zooko@xs4all.nl>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 05f169b55a19a7020a5104927b1edb80afcf60793c5dea3c72d8c40599b6fdfb
Message ID: <199708291027.MAA28896@xs2.xs4all.nl>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:36:09 +0800

Raw message

From: Zooko Journeyman <zooko@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:36:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DigiCash issuers

Feanor wrote:
>There might be other reasons for this:  have you looked at their _fees_???
>Holy crap!  That's the only reason I don't have an account.  They're charging
>top dollar for every aspect of a system that has it's only overhead in
minimal
>amounts of CPU time.

You might be a bit behind the times on this issue.  Recently
MTB announced new lower fees: http://www.marktwain.com/fee.html

Are these the ones you consider excessive?

Note that if you consider the new fees to be reasonable, then
you are now obliged to open account as per your publically
posted exclamation quoted above.  :-)

Also check out Advance Bank in Australia:

http://www.advance.com.au/ecash/intro/fees/default.htm

I anticipate continually cheaper ecash fees as banks start to
compete for selective, price-conscious customers like Feanor
here.  :-)

Regards,

Zooko

Thread