1997-08-14 - Re: Memme: Crypto=Bullet Proof Vests

Header Data

From: sar <sar@cynicism.com>
To: Ray Arachelian <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 21c9c15f292fb3496cd3580aedb41d33f4de3f7bb9c972cfe21843317164e4bf
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19970813173036.008baeb0@box.cynicism.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970813162912.7599P-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-14 00:38:20 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:38:20 +0800

Raw message

From: sar <sar@cynicism.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:38:20 +0800
To: Ray Arachelian <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Memme: Crypto=Bullet Proof Vests

Next time they yell "But if it saves the life of one child" give them
>this.  "But if strong crypto can save the life of one child
>freedomfighter, who are we to limit its use?  Support strong crypto and
>protect the kids of the world!"
>
>(Preaching to the choire of course, but who knows maybe the crypto=bullet
>proof vest arguement will be useful to someone who can talk sense into the
>crypto clueless cognresscritters.)

encryption protects my children from child molesters. my children
communicate via a secure tunnel so it is impossible for pedophiles to hear
what they are saying or talk to them. they also use digital signatures to
distinguish trusted adults so they will never buy the " your mommy sent me
to pick you up" lines.

Thread