1997-08-20 - Re: FCPUNX:The Real Bell Issue / Re: Bell, etc

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Duncan Frissell <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 520e0383a4dff620d1eba184b072e2d7ccdea0ff0b4b14258a9de2520d24632d
Message ID: <199708201616.JAA11750@proxy4.ba.best.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 00:41:37 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 00:41:37 +0800
To: Duncan Frissell <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: FCPUNX:The Real Bell Issue / Re: Bell, etc

At 05:56 PM 8/19/97 -0400, Duncan Frissell wrote:
> But the charges were minor stuff.  Under the Federal sentencing guidelines he
> wouldn't have gotten much if convicted.

Federal sentencing guidelines are irrelevant in political cases.

For example the survivors of the Waco massacre were found guilty
of trivial technicalities, and then sentenced as if they had been
found guilty of murdering federal agents.  All appeals have been
denied.

Indeed it appears to be standard practice, that if a political
criminal is charged with both trivial crimes of which he (and
everyone else) is guilty, and extremely serious crimes, of which
he is obviously innocent, he will be convicted on the trivia, and
sentenced on the accusations.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com