1997-08-22 - Re: Socio-Economic Cults (Re: CypherPunk Cults)

Header Data

From: ? the platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 88ee4551d6e7bd7c2c91a890e86177b481c64cde8f5b0e2a159a7a7f2e871101
Message ID: <Pine.OSF.3.96.970822152232.13142I-100000@oberon>
Reply To: <v03102800b022928487f6@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-22 06:15:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:15:39 +0800

Raw message

From: ? the platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:15:39 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Socio-Economic Cults (Re: CypherPunk Cults)

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Tim May wrote:

[...]

> >The way I see it is quite simple,  if these peaple where not payed off it
> >is most likely that thay will turn to crime.

[...]

> Given that the U.S. already has a huge system for redistributing wealth,
> and a very high crime rate, what is your evidence for your claim?

The US has one of the lowest rates of wealth redistribution in the
civilsed world  (Australia, most of europe ect have higher welfare rates).
Just because there is a huge burkasy for doing something dosn't mean that
it is happening.

[...]

> What's wrong with chopping the hands off of thieves and executing muderers?

Its wrong for the same reson that sodimising a person with a plunger is.

> The United States has a lot of redistribution of wealth and a lot of crime.

The US has very little redistribution and a lot of crime.

Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep. Buy easter bilbies.
Save the ABC Is $0.08 per day too much to pay?   ex-net.scum and proud
I'm sorry but I just don't consider 'because its yucky' a convincing argument

Thread