1997-08-24 - State-ism vs. FederalismRe: lack of evolutionary pressures (was Re: An end to “court (fwd)

Header Data

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8a445300a926bd058f6843e93d874bc2071557e522337eec0b173a65bdf5b27b
Message ID: <OaM2PLK0YWea6QSOjF5/3A==@JawJaCrakR>
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 09:27:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 09:27:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: State-ism vs. FederalismRe: lack of evolutionary pressures (was Re: An end to "court (fwd)

Jim Choate wrote:
> > From: Firebeard <stend+cypherpunks@sten.tivoli.com>
> >       Then what do the words "are reserved to the States
> > respectively" mean?  To me, it's explicitly stating that the States
> > have powers that the feds do (or should) not.

> They mean it isn't something the federal government has any interest or say
> in constitutionaly. It does not imply that those powers are granted at the
> behest of the feds but rather clearly fall outside of their jurisdiction.

 I agree.
 The States should have the right to declare the word "freedom" an
obscenity. The federal government should not.
 The States should have the right to legalize rape. The federal
government should not.
 The States should have the right to require the citizens to commit
suicide at the age of 40. The federal government should not.

  I'm glad that I could clear this up for everyone. No need to thank me.

The Statist

Thread