1997-08-08 - Re: Query on cookies

Header Data

From: “Peter Trei” <trei@process.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9edefcb3b96a7cd069423edd1e3725312a7c53ff5e7a9d55f3baceeb699ee65d
Message ID: <199708081336.GAA04744@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:50:09 +0800

Raw message

From: "Peter Trei" <trei@process.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:50:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Query on cookies

> Date:          Thu, 7 Aug 1997 23:24:28 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
> To:            "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
> Cc:            cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject:       Re: Query on cookies

> I believe this is what the folks at Netscape tried to eliminate in 4.0,
> which I'm told features four cookie settings. One rejects "third party
> cookies."
>
> -Declan

Well, I'm using version 4.01a for NT. There are three settings for
cookies:

1. Accept all cookies.
2. Accept only cookies which get sent back to the originating server.
3. Disable cookies.

There's also a checkbox labled:

"Warn me for accepting a cookie."

I've been fairly unhappy with this version - the cookie management
and the "Personal Toolbar" (user specified buttons for frequently
visited sites) are the only new features that seem useful. It tends
to crash frequently, and the usenet news (aka "Collabra Discussion
Groups") seems to be broken (some of the earlier versions had a
fairly useful newsreader). It's also a disk hog.

Note: This is a beta version.

Peter Trei
trei@process.com

PS: I have it set on 'disable cookies'.

DISCLAIMER: The above is my personal opinion only, and not
neccesarily representative of my employer.

Thread