1997-08-01 - Re: Attila T. Spammer / Re: Denning questions/reverses her position?

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: caa5934b67fad69524b9732f9de95600e1e37c58bb03ff88515ef95451d0778d
Message ID: <9seRae2w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199708010531.HAA23603@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-01 14:37:56 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 22:37:56 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 22:37:56 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Attila T. Spammer / Re: Denning questions/reverses her position?

nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) writes:

> Attila T. Hun wrote:
> >     I'm too old for this!  I never thought I would see the day that
> >     Dorothy Denning would terminate her star role as a shill for the
> >     Clinton/LEA encryption ban!
>
>   As a matter of fact, the mere thought of this happening has caused
> Attila to go into a state of "brain-lock" wherein he sits at his
> keyboard, sending the same message, over and over again, to the list.
>   It will be interesting to see what happens to Attila's brain if
> Clinton ever vetos a bill because it subverts the Constitution.

A mail glitch.  Big deal.  :-)

>   BTW, Dorothy Denning's new spokesperson is a flying pig, and the
> Weather Network reports that Hell froze over shortly before Denning's
> new position statement.

Come on now.  Dr. Denning is a VERY smart woman and I'm glad that she
eventually came to see the evils of GAK (key escrow by gov't).

I'm pretty sure she still supports the right of a corporation to
tell the users of corporate systems not to have anything on those
systems that the corporation can't decrypt.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM