1997-08-02 - JYA Axed

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f4d92af04bbf8fee3f59b2af90087f4c8ecd034c2b34f9b4b8c1554553c5b3bb
Message ID: <1.5.4.32.19970802003043.006cb0a8@pop.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 08:53:07 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 08:53:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: JYA Axed

The ISP for jya.com, PrimeHost, an AOL subisidiary, has axed
the site.

We learned of this today after trying for a week to get an answer
to why the site vanished. Tech said call Sales, Sales said it's not
us, it's got to be Tech. Tech said it's definitely not us, and if it's
not Sales or us it must be Bosses.

Finally, a Boss was reached who said the site was "intentionally pulled."
He claimed that it was "not a serious problem, so don't be alarmed,"
and sang cheerily about "some files" without elaboration.

Maybe more next week, and we pray it turns out to be hysterically
alarming and not merely a pissed Intel Prop owner seeking pay.

JYX.com is still up, thanks to PrimeHost's autosub. Ten files there --
so far.

We're humping to get the latest 60-page package of the RSA v. PGP
suit there this weekend, thanks to Nobody.

Thread