1997-09-20 - Crowds now available on LINUX

Header Data

From: Mike Reiter <reiter@research.att.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1b55d8dd1d2d609bb9373675bbe57675d6d6c01605c9aac3a91a783b37b10e9b
Message ID: <199709201651.MAA09978@arran.research.att.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 01:03:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Mike Reiter <reiter@research.att.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 01:03:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crowds now available on LINUX

Crowds, a system for increasing your anonymity while you browse the
web, now runs on RedHat Linux 4.2, in addition to SunOS, Solaris, and
Irix.  The code can be requested from our web site:

http://www.research.att.com/projects/crowds

We would like our next target OS to be freeBSD, but unfortunately we
don't have a machine running it.  If anyone running a recent version
of freeBSD on a machine with a direct internet connection (not behind
a firewall, not over a modem) would be willing to donate a few minutes
to helping us port it there, we would be grateful.  Typically the port
doesn't take long ... basically we just need to figure out what args
to pass to some fcntl calls.

Mike Reiter
Avi Rubin

Thread