1997-09-28 - Re: Digital Postage (fwd)

Header Data

From: Syniker@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com
Message Hash: 21f69d4264929a321725fa8c55cdb444093b1b79ce3700c2812be470638b3e99
Message ID: <970927202108-295887685@emout10.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1997-09-28 00:41:18 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 08:41:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Syniker@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 08:41:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com
Subject: Re: Digital Postage (fwd)

>>If remailers are going to work as a business we can't turn our back on
traditional payment mechanisms. The problem, as I see it, is that there is
no clear mechanism for me to write a normal check and have that turn
into a anon account easily without involving 3rd parties and their
concommittent extra costs - further increasing the end-user cost to do
business. There better be a reason or they won't pay for long.>>

I'm probably not thinking right Jim -- but what if I bought a postal
money order, or such, with cash... sent it too you... along with
an encyrpted email that referred to the serial number of the
money order... then, you uncyphered my email... to verify payment, and
recyphered my account info to me...
Would something like that work to establish a paid-up account?

Best to you... LarryM
pgp pubkey@ http://www.jetlink.net/~aargh/

Thread