1997-09-26 - Re: Plea from a parent who wants to keep their kid free of SSNs

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: nobody@replay.com (Anonymous)
Message Hash: 256690ed0336a2a9a6b00f5304e61ea8cce86b9c6bac8a6b93cfa219034470cd
Message ID: <v0300780cb051e06bf6d3@[168.161.105.141]>
Reply To: <199709262030.WAA26876@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-09-26 22:26:18 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 06:26:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 06:26:18 +0800
To: nobody@replay.com (Anonymous)
Subject: Re: Plea from a parent who wants to keep their kid free of SSNs

The ACLU certainly deserves criticism for its knee-jerk left-wing view on
some issues. I'd also be interested in seeing them take a stand on 2nd
Amendment issues; right now they don't have a position, as I understand it.
But on free speech and SSN-type issues they're generally good.

I forwarded the original "Plea from a parent" message to some folks at the
ACLU who expressed an interest in helping out.

-Declan

PS: Jane Fonda, of all people, just stopped by the bureau for a
correspondent's birthday party! Sure, we had Newt here on Monday, but Fonda
-- there's a //real// celebrity...

At 22:30 +0200 9/26/97, Anonymous wrote:

Declan McCullagh
Time Inc.
The Netly News Network
Washington Correspondent