1997-09-19 - Israeli authorities censor book, confiscate copies (fwd)

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5cf60ee9990ffb791049b8b7f0c3aea28867ab9935e58f8f1ed2f2656e86b296
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970918172056.3957H-100000@well.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:40:31 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:40:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Israeli authorities censor book, confiscate copies (fwd)

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:49:20 0200
From: "Eviather H. Ben-Zedeff" <evi@research.haifa.ac.il>
To: declan@well.com
Subject: Israeli authorities endangering freedom of the press

hi,

I am a journalism teacher and an editor in Israel. A friend of mine,
Captain Mike Eldar, Israeli Navy (Ret) asked me 18 months ago to edit
an autobiography and a book he wrote. During 1997, both books were
published and suppressed by the Israeli military.

Please, help us to fight brutal censorship in Israel. Support freedom
even in this remote part of the Middle East.

Eviathar H. Ben-Zedeff
Department of Communication
Haifa University
Mt Carmel, Haifa, Israel