1997-09-29 - Re: write up AP for FC++

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7852527965e655f738a6f6b28e260f21e2f46267594832850c8d56c2d7fbe8ca
Message ID: <199709281350.JAA17459@users.invweb.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:40:13 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:40:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: write up AP for FC++

In <3.0.3.32.19970927210451.006b202c@schloss.li>, on 09/27/97
   at 09:04 PM, Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li> said:

>>At 04:27 PM 8/18/97 -0700, Blanc wrote:
>>> A presentation from you at FC98 would remind everyone of your own initial
>>> writings on the subject and provide you with due credit (better credit than
>>> a jail/rotting sentence).   I can't think of anyone else who would be more
>>> qualified for this.
>>
>>Freedom of speech is protected by nothing stronger than the cluelessness
>>of our masters.
>>
>>If you publish your idea in appropriate forums, you can get away with it.
>>
>>If you go from forum to forum singing your idea like a broken record,
>>and flogging it like soap, you will probably go to jail.
>>
>>I see no point in explaining our ideas so thoroughly and repeatedly
>>that even cops and politicians start to understand them.

>Try to keep in mind that Bell went to jail for crimes only semi-related
>to his AP ranting.

>The AP ranting is just the way he managed to attract attention.

>Moral:  If you're going to rant about AP you better be squeeky clean
>first.

Moral: If you're going to rant about AP you better have a system in place
to take out the rat-bastards before they come looking for you.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html

Thread