1997-09-12 - Random crypto legal stuff

Header Data

From: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 7c4609b884cfa65a907d69bf0af42ddb09b378c3ff3c7eebe98d13961b92b142
Message ID: <3.0.3.32.19970912154145.00b567e0@mail.io.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 06:50:58 +0800

Raw message

From: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 06:50:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Random crypto legal stuff

I just talked to a docket clerk at the Ninth Circuit - they say that no
oral argument has been scheduled in the Bernstein case (case # is 97-16686
at the appellate level), and no action has been taken since the
government's emergency stay motion was filed.

Also, I spoke with someone at BXA re their updated crypto EARs - they
confirmed that a second draft has been prepared, but say that it's
circulating "at the inter-agency level" and is not available to the public,
even though they'll be discussing it in Portland in two weeks.

--
Greg Broiles                | US crypto export control policy in a nutshell:
gbroiles@netbox.com         |

Thread