1997-09-04 - Re: Big Brother is watching

Header Data

From: “Brian B. Riley” <brianbr@together.net>
To: “Tim May” <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM>
Message Hash: 8af400212fc889968adc0eebfb04ec006cd8e88951015af90108b4ba631fa19c
Message ID: <199709041247.IAA03206@mx02.together.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:53:51 +0800

Raw message

From: "Brian B. Riley" <brianbr@together.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:53:51 +0800
To: "Tim May" <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM>
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching

On 9/4/97 12:51 AM, Tim May (tcmay@got.net)  passed this wisdom:

>>>And I'll give my kids a can of spray paint and a ladder. Maybe I'll offer
>>>bonus prizes if they can figure out an inventive, undetectable way to
disable
>>>the fucker.
>>In Altus, it is illegal to sell spray paint to persons under the age of 18.
>>That makes two violations of their rights that I know of.
>>The curfue which was enacted a couple years ago being the first.
>>All because the local politicians are fully aware that they are too young to
>>vote.
>
>In my community, it is even illegal to buy spray paints and give them or
>make them available to those under some age (18 or 21...I don't know).
>
>I like my solution a lot better: anyone can buy the fucking spray paint,
>but taggers are shot down by those whose property they're trespassing on.
>
>Seems consistent with personal freedom and responsibility.

 I don't know if the law is still on the books, but when I was an
undergrad at Univ of Penn in the 60's you could not buy a water
pistol/squirtgun of any kind, because there had been some incidents where
people were squirted in the face with ammonia bu a couple of miscreants,
so the city council took it upon themselves to 'protect' us all!

Brian B. Riley --> http://www.macconnect.com/~brianbr
      For PGP Keys -  Send Email Subject "Get PGP Key"
  "The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets!"

Thread