1997-09-06 - Re: New GAK Bill

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: 8f8dfa9dd66c1797ddfbec6273e757a622433fa7a18e95cb6cdababb92ee5b42
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970905214047.13508A-100000@cp.pathfinder.com>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19970906003958.00849190@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-09-06 01:55:38 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 09:55:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 09:55:38 +0800
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: New GAK Bill

Yeah, I have a copy of the FBI's "technical assistance"  draft dated late
August. Haven't had time to write about it yet. Party's taking too much
prep time. Maybe I'll type in the highlights tonight or distribute it at
the DC cypherpunks party tomorrow.

Bottom line: non-GAKd crypto is outlawed after Jan 1, 1999.

-Declan

Thread