1997-09-06 - Re: Dianaism Was: Re: Di and Dodi Run Over A Land Mine

Header Data

From: Secret Squirrel <nobody@secret.squirrel.owl.de>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 9700e74ec0a35db899599c67d1f3ccc50beadaf2d1aee182833815e2d212b0ff
Message ID: <602230d4ced1068201d1cb54eededabb@squirrel>
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:25:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Secret Squirrel <nobody@secret.squirrel.owl.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:25:47 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Dianaism Was: Re: Di and Dodi Run Over A Land Mine

nobody@replay.com (Anonymous) wrote:
>Sean Roach wrote:
>> Anyone care to lay odds as to how soon a religion will start up with the
>> late princess as the main diety?
>> I'm guessing 5 years for the first hard-cores.  And 20 years for
>> international visibility.

>I have already seen one newscast which has predicted that Diana will
>join Elvis as a diety-figurehead.  So, now that we have a King _and_
>a Queen, why don't we start a new nation? They would be the perfect
>titular heads for a Virtual Nation, because their lifestyles would be
>inexpensive for us to maintain, no matter how lavishly we choose to
>treat them.

They'll be lonely if we don't fill in the Pantheon:

God of Messages and Pathways:     Alan M. Turing
God of War:                       William Colby
God of Justice:                   Alfred Nobel
Goddess of Love:                  Muriel Hemingway
God of Vengeance:                 Jim Bell

Presidential Gods:
The Kitchen God:                  Harry S. Truman
God of Mischief and Deception:    Richard Milhous Nixon
God of Laughter and Forgetting:   Ronald Wilson Reagan

Court Jester:                     Jerzy Kosinski

Patron Saint of Lost Causes:      Dorothy Denning

The All Powerful God:             Rover from "The Prisoner"

The Olympians:
John Bonham
Curt Cobain
Jimi Hendrix
Janice Joplin
John Lennon
Jim Morrison

"Oh Lord Turing, please hear my prayer.  I do beseech thee for a one
way function whose inverse is NP complete.  Please do graciously
accept my humble offering: 10109AlanMathisonTuring11cfea22ef8c1166"

Monty Cantsin
Editor in Chief
Smile Magazine
http://www.neoism.org/squares/smile_index.html