1997-09-15 - Crowds code NOW AVAILABLE for Unix

Header Data

From: Mike Reiter <reiter@research.att.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ece6d016a3cc377afd05f2e615829870ee512bff06af44677405a873b1835aab
Message ID: <199709151340.JAA14445@cloak.research.att.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:55:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Mike Reiter <reiter@research.att.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:55:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crowds code NOW AVAILABLE for Unix

Crowds is a new system for protecting your anonymity while you browse
the web.  We have recently obtained a release for the code from AT&T
and have been testing the system with a handful of volunteers.
Thanks to their efforts, we now feel more prepared to support a larger
user community.

So, if you are interested in browsing the web with better anonymity
than the Anonymizer, check out

http://www.research.att.com/projects/crowds

There are two steps. The first is obtaining the code. After you accept
the license agreement, expect a 24 hour turnaround to receive the code
by e-mail. Second, if you would like to join our crowd, fill out the
registration page, and expect 24 hours before you are admitted. (These
steps can proceed in parallel.)

The system requires Perl 5.003 or higher, and has been tested on
SunOS, Solaris, and Irix.  Our next target is Linux.

- Mike Reiter and Avi Rubin

Thread