1997-09-05 - EMP & Cars (fwd)

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: f76b1c20c7e90be1bc605565f129752a13be00a32bdcb6d7608b38cc48c5f655
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970905114716.4176C-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 23:54:53 +0800

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 23:54:53 +0800
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: EMP & Cars (fwd)

Found this on the seclist:

10)From: Duece6x6@aol.com
Subject: EMP

There has been quite an interest in EMP. Very simply EMP is a broadband
electrical pulse. A friend of mine worked for the GOV on EMP test
projects. I have some of the wooden nuts and bolts from the antenna towers
and the wooden runways used to taxi aircraft for testing. He related EMP
pulses to a near miss lightning strike. As far as vehicle disabling, There
are claims that auto manufactures have built in a shut down frequency into
the computers in certain vehicles. We wound a large coil on a carpet paper
tube and put an oscillator on it and it would flood a vehicles electrical
system to shut it down, but it was huge. The easiest way to learn about
EMP is to find the International TESLA society web site and interpret the
information there.  He was the pioneer of EMP.

THE DUECE

Thread