1997-10-22 - Re: puff pieces vs tough crypto issues (Re: Singapore TOILET ALERT)

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 080f7600f978e2da9d1a4969ef9c9c8d68c4828b47d466d3e58ccb5b11f4bc7f
Message ID: <199710222235.AAA18712@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 06:56:59 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 06:56:59 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: puff pieces vs tough crypto issues (Re: Singapore TOILET ALERT)

Adam Back wrote:
> No offense Declan, but what has this got to do with cypherpunks,
> cryptography, crypto politics etc?  (This is not a perrygram, this is
> a message saying I found that particular article uninteresting).

Adam,
I believe that Declan may be trying to keep things in perspective,
by reminding us who the actual users of "widespread crypto" will
be, GAK or no GAK.
As a matter of fact, Declan and I are counting on you to explain
the issues involved to our good friend and neighbor, Debbie (details
below), and get back to us with her thoughts on the crypto issues
which are relevant, from her perspective.

* At a celebrity auction in May, Debbie Dacoba of Paw Paw,
Mich., bid $8,625 for a pair of Mr. Ed's horseshoes and was so
overcome with joy when she won that she had to retreat to the
ladies' room for 20 minutes until she stopped crying.  Later she told
a reporter that she would keep the horseshoes in plastic because
specks of brown residue in the nail holes "could be manure, which I
hope it is because then I have a piece of him."

ManureMonger
To read these News of the Weird newspaper
columns from the past six months, go to
http://www.nine.org/notw/notw.html
(That site contains no graphics, no photos, no video clips, no
audio.  Just text.  Deal with it.)

Thread