1997-10-27 - Re: cryptographic anecdotes

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2140542e4330d262153d026a57c9b522fae66868137f12d68e688960121d7661
Message ID: <199710270529.GAA08435@basement.replay.com>
Reply To: <19971027010829.851.qmail@iq.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-27 07:01:27 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:01:27 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:01:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: cryptographic anecdotes

http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/tattoo.html

At 01:08 AM 10/27/97 -0000, you wrote:

>I'm involved in producing a segment on cryptograpic issues for Radio
>National (ABC) to be aired latter this week. I have no problems with
>the technical issues but could use some (reliable) "colour" i.e small
>quirky or unusual anecdotes that will draw in and hold the larger
>order of listeners who don't otherwise have any cryptography/
>cryptographic-policy background.
>
>	e.g	o RSA export-a-crypto-system .sig
>		o algorithm tatoos (couldn't find any confirmation of
>		  this :()
>		o if cryptography is arms, then US constitution
>		  right to bear arms
>		o programming languages embody freedom of speech
>		  (patel)
>		o (otoh) machine-understandable languages are not protected
>		  speech: as soon as a computer can understand Ulysses
>		  it's no-longer protected. (I'm not sure about Ulysses
>		  but Oracle and the computational linguistics groups
>		  at Edinburgh and MIT have code to perform summaries
>		  of the King James bible).

http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/tattoo.html

I was so inspired by this guy that I had the source to sendmail tattooed on
my back and the source to emacs tattooed on my left thigh. I then figured
out I missed the point, this was supposed to be a political statement, so I
had the entire contents of the nambla web site tattooed on my left forearm.
Dont worry about mirroring it, if anyone wants to know whats on the namble
site they can visit me in jail where I am currently getting a crash course
in man-boy love.

Thread