1997-10-04 - Re: Regulate them to ‘double-death’…

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@privacynb.ml.org>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 311db022c373565f1855a1de3c94c198468953fd3767a58fcadc3268ceddc477
Message ID: <199710042136.SAA27932@privacynb.ml.org>
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 06:37:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@privacynb.ml.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 06:37:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Regulate them to 'double-death'...

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Anonymous wrote:
> Cynthia Brown wrote:
> > Canada may be regulated to death according to most libertarians, but I for
> > one like it that way.  I can walk alone and unarmed at night in Ottawa,
> > Toronto, etc. without fearing for my life.  Can a female resident of
> > Washington or New York say the same?  Our schools do not have metal detectors
> > at the entrances because they are not needed.
>
> No, instead, Canadian students terrorize each other with old-fashioned
> forms of violence, like at Cole Harbor high school in Newfie'land, where
> they use baseball bats to keep the niggers in line, and in Montreal,
> where four teenagers have been driven to suicide in the last few weeks
> by the 'taxing' they have endured from the youth gangs that roam the
> subways.
> Perhaps Canada needs 'more' regulation...
>
> CanuckMonger

Correction: Cole Harbor High School is in Nova Scotia.

Canada ia not perfect, no country is, but men and women typically feel
safe enought to walk the streets alone at night.

Racial hatred is not accepted in the communities at large, nor is
wife-beating. I never encountered youth gangs on the subways of
Montreal this summer.

The fact that you list all the newsworthy examples of teen violence speaks
volumes onto itself.

The typically Canadian gun owner uses it for one of two purposes; the
most common usage is 1) sport hunting 2) target shooting - I have used a
gun many times, never towards a living being.

-Cyphercanuck

Thread