1997-10-31 - RE: North CA cops skip preliminaries, get straight to torture

Header Data

From: Fisher Mark <FisherM@exch1.indy.tce.com>
To: “‘Tim May’” <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Message Hash: 9a8583675103e0764432acef98d3ac43dcfcc0f510626c2a2bf1dab86890d07f
Message ID: <2328C77FF9F2D011AE970000F84104A7493403@indyexch_fddi.indy.tce.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 03:43:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Fisher Mark <FisherM@exch1.indy.tce.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 03:43:10 +0800
To: "'Tim May'" <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Subject: RE: North CA cops skip preliminaries, get straight to torture

>If I return to my home or place of business and find that
"demonstrators"
>have placed a 700-pound tree trunk in the center of my living room or
>office and have chained themselves to it, or surrounded it with a human
>chain, as a form of "protest," my response will be simple:

Hmmm... must have missed the part about their trespassing.  If
demonstrators trespass (or break any other laws), then they must bear
the consequences of their actions.  To me, the only truly peaceful
demonstrator is one who does not break any laws while demonstrating
(other than laws that stipulate that no demonstrations are permitted
(First Amendment and all)).
Mark Leighton Fisher          Thomson Consumer Electronics
fisherm@indy.tce.com          Indianapolis, IN
"Their walls are built of cannon balls, their motto is
'Don't Tread on Me'"

Thread