1997-10-09 - Identical Password and Member ID

Header Data

From: Travel Group Email Account <travmail@MICROSOFT.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: b40e6846953d972092ccbb104b4d14d7cb648a981334bb61b22158f579e519f7
Message ID: <316D29A34DA2CF11862000805F388D4C02784F2D@RED-30-MSG.dns.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:44:56 +0800

Raw message

From: Travel Group Email Account <travmail@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:44:56 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Identical Password and Member ID

Dear Joe,

Our records show that your Expedia account contains a member ID and
password that are identical.  While we understand that this makes it
simpler for you to remember them, we are now asking our members to
create passwords that do not match their member ID's.  We appreciate
your assistance in this small change, which increases the security of
your account.

You can change your password by following these steps:
1.  Access your Expedia Member Information
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/signup.dll?qscr=uupd
2.  Click Continue on the Expedia sign in screen.
3.  If prompted, enter current member ID and password, and then click
Continue.
4.  Click Continue on the secure sign in screen.
5.  Follow instructions for section labeled 3 of 6: Password.
6.  Click Continue.

Thank you for using Expedia.  Please feel free to contact us if you have
any questions.

Thread