1997-10-07 - RE: Four horsemen skew Internet

Header Data

From: jbugden@alis.com
To: N/A
Message Hash: c98cb54d44b6fc661331865810fdbcd3415871885495ac408bfcb92ef19c2434
Message ID: <9710078762.AA876257157@alis-1.alis.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 05:00:02 +0800

Raw message

From: jbugden@alis.com
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 05:00:02 +0800
Subject: RE: Four horsemen skew Internet

While I'm not too concerned about your present state of happiness, if you read
the cited article, you may find that it is less off-topic than you thought. The
quote was chosen as a "text-bite" that - while echoing sentiments familiar to
many people on this list - is seldom heard from within the US administration.

Magaziner's often been good for politically inopportune statements.
To quote from an article in a Canadian business newspaper in late July:

"Ira Magaziner, Clinton's international emissary on the issue of how governments
should respond to the explosive growth of business on the Net, said any attempt
to regulate its content would not only be a mistake, it would be futile."

Let's wish him success in his current endeavours, ;-)