1997-10-12 - No Subject

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e7a140518c67c6e0eaed2dcc0add4a1a56e27a3f42b6e7ed590519ed67727d63
Message ID: <199710121636.SAA08699@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 09:36:13 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 09:36:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

>Dimitri V*l*s <dlv@bwalk.dm.com> writes:
>> Apparently a 'bot was installed on toad.com to discard my
>> submissions from the "unedited" list _after my article which
>> prompted the C2net threatening lawyer letter did make it through the
>> "unedited" list (but was censored from the "flames" list by C2Net).
>
>Your claim has some plausibility, I'll grant.  You were already
>singled out for special treatment, in that John Gilmore did
>unsubscribe you, and block you from re-subscribing.  We know that much
>because he admitted it himself.

Some of us use the old-fashioned way:

:0
* ^From.*bwalk.dm.com
   /dev/null

My procmail log has a bunch of /dev/null entries coming from the unedited
Cypherpunks list. Since spam gets tagged and filtered separately, it looks
like they're V*l*s - he's the only one I know of on cpunx-unedited who's
auto-killed by my mail filters without some kind of notification.

I'll look more closely in the future. Not at his posts, but at the log.

Thread