1997-11-06 - Re: BXA mtg in DC, 12/9/97

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
To: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Message Hash: 1473c34a78142c64168ba0f98eddea348a06d9d6fcc7c0fd16ac3cacfbb18f98
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.96.971106235243.6951A-100000@pakastelohi.cypherpunks.to>
Reply To: <Beta.32.19971106134658.043abc40@208.139.36.80>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-06 23:09:20 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 07:09:20 +0800

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 07:09:20 +0800
To: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Subject: Re: BXA mtg in DC, 12/9/97

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Greg Broiles wrote:

> In late September, I attended a meeting of the BXA's Regulations &
> Procedures Technical Advisory Committee in Portland (OR), where there was
> some discussion of crypto export control regulations, plans for changes to
> those regs, etc. There will be another meeting of that group on 12/9/97 at
> 9 AM in the (Herbert C., not J. Edgar) Hoover Building, Room 3884, between
> Pennsylvania & Constitution Avenues, NW, in Washington DC. The agenda is:

[...]

> [Closed session]
> 9.	Discussion of matters properly classified under Executive Order 19958,
> dealing with U.S. export control program and strategic criteria related
> thereto.

I wonder if they bug sweep the meetings room after the audience leaves...

-- Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"

Thread