1997-11-29 - Message

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@REPLAY.COM>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 2dc0b9b2e57758a56688090e72593ebcda8c06bb19f6ac968ebc6dee809439e5
Message ID: <199711292215.XAA05590@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 06:22:27 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@REPLAY.COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 06:22:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Message

"On the Internet nobody knows I'm a dog unless I want them to,"
to rephrase a well known cartoon.

Anonymous wrote:

>Cypherpunk technologies will be a major force to eliminate racism.
>With privacy protected transactions, the color of a person's skin, his
>religion and his ethnicity are no longer apparent.

>Cypherpunks need to build bridges to minority communities, to show them
>how these technologies can advance their cause.

Why not set up a website where minority websurfers could go to read about
privacy issues and how pseudonymity is to their (and everyone's) benefit.
After all, how can another person discriminate against you when that person
knows practically nothing about you (e.g., name, age, race, religion,
geographic location, etc)?  This would be an excellent way to expand
cypherpunk technologies, don't you think?

Thread