1997-11-24 - Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

Header Data

From: Jon Galt <jongalt@pinn.net>
To: Mikhael Frieden <mikhaelf@mindspring.com>
Message Hash: 3410e6afd8d9c642a8ad38b7104880df687af338ff01f75464a232008f3fe5b0
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.971124091249.18346C-100000@everest.pinn.net>
Reply To: <3.0.16.19971124000458.0e8f3962@pop.mindspring.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-24 15:01:18 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:01:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Jon Galt <jongalt@pinn.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:01:18 +0800
To: Mikhael Frieden <mikhaelf@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

> >>         Not a damned thing. While in this country they are in the act of
> >> committing a crime.

(Galt)
> >And who is it that gets to decide what is a "crime" and what is not?

(Frieden)
>         It would appear to me that an illegal in the country is as much in
> the act of committing a crime as a burglar is while in a place other than
> his own.

I don't dispute this.  If a "crime" is defined as whatever the
politicos/bureaucrats/hoodlums say it is, then a "crime" is certainly
being committed.  (Of course there is another definition of crime.)

(Galt)
> >The
> >politicos, the bureaucrats, the hoodlums in DC and elsewhere who think
> >they have the right to run the lives of everybody else.

(Frieden)
>         The politicians are responding to voters. The voters who are
> pressuring them are siding with foreign nationals against the interests of
> the United States which is presumed to be their new country of loyalty.

"If voting could change anything, it would have been outlawed long ago."
Not strictly true.  But if I vote or don't vote...well it's just about
the same difference as whether I buy a lottery ticket or not.

Don't vote - it only ENCOURAGES them!

> That siding should be sufficient justification remove citizenship and
> return them to the land of dysentary and mui Ninos.

Citizenship, Schmitizenship.  Granted I don't want to renounce my
citizenship - at least not at the moment.  But the whole game of riling
up people's emotions about "citizenship" and "patriotism" is just a bread
and circuses ruse to keep us focused on something other than what the
professional control freaks are doing to us.

(Galt)
> >Again I ask the question:
> >What gives the hoodlums in Washington DC the right to draw a line on a
> >map and control people's travel across that line?
>
>         The people who made handgun ownership a felony gave them that right.

The people who made handgun ownership a felony should be sent down a dark
alley without any means of self-defense.  Perhaps they would gain a small
glimmer of understanding of the real issues - unless they already
understand that they are the hoodlums around the corner in the dark
alley.  In that case....

>         Lawmakers are resonsible for all foreseeable consequences not just
> the intended consequences.

Lawmakers can hardly be held responsible for tying their own shoes!  I
suspect you had your satire mode on full when you wrote this.

> -=-=-
> The 2nd guarantees all the rest.

Jon Galt
e-mail:  jongalt@pinn.net
website:  http://www.pinn.net/~jongalt/
PGP public key available on my website.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.