1997-11-12 - Re: Minor Language Note

Header Data

From: Dalton Gang of One <dgo@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 665b3d032778183c4076a72b968ff3cf3fad00f85d225cbf73f3616ef3d481d7
Message ID: <346A0E05.A5C@dev.null>
Reply To: <199711121323.HAA28678@dfw-ix10.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-12 23:19:32 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 07:19:32 +0800

Raw message

From: Dalton Gang of One <dgo@dev.null>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 07:19:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Minor Language Note

The persona who is thinking of 'selling out' wrote:
> Tim May wrote:
> >My main point was that James Dalton Bell has already spent nearly 7
> >months in jail, and has yet to even be sentenced.

> While it was not Tim's intention to make Jim look like a criminal, the
> use of a defendent's full name is often used to connote criminality.
>
> Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth, John Wayne Gacy, Richard Milhous
> Nixon, William Jefferson Clinton... there are many examples.
>
> I propose we call Jim by the name he calls himself: Jim Bell.
>
> Monty Cantsin

Actually, I prefer 'Chief CypherPunks SpokesPerson'.

James Dalton Bell
Chief CypherPunks Spokesperson
CypherPunks Gang of One - Dalton Chapter

Thread