1997-11-15 - What Joichi meant to say was…

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7b6db56c94dfb6a59f57e2f6ec7953ad904a8d9f06088959d3bac6ebdee00e11
Message ID: <346D73DB.7CA8@dev.null>
Reply To: <199711150345.EAA06240@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-15 10:26:08 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 18:26:08 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 18:26:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: What Joichi *meant* to say was...

Joichi Ito, <jito@eccosys.com>, writes:
> And not all Japanese are racist pigs. And before you flank me,
> I take back my previous remark where I insinuated that Americans
> were racist. Not all Americans are racists. Just the stupid ones are.

  Jesus! Is *everyone* working for the fucking CDT spin-doctors, now?

  "I take back my remark where I insinuated that Japs are slant-eyed
gooks who smell bad, so I'm not *really* a racist...
  "And by this time tomorrow, I will *never* have said it at all."

  I wouldn't be so quick to call all racists stupid...remember, we
can't be sure that was really Hitler's body they found, and people
who set out to conquer the world don't usually take kindly to being
called stupid.

  Is it National Paint With A Wide Brush Day?
  Did I miss the announcement?
  If all racists are stupid, are all liberals queer? Are we still
working that old, tired game?

  Is it my imagination, or is the rapid decline of the quality of posts
to the list in the last few days a direct result of the ignorant and
emotional posts by those complaining about the decline in the quality
of the posts to the list?
  Can you say, "Self-fulfilling prophecy?"...sure, you can...

TruthMonger
"I'm always right, and I never lie."  - Richard Whitehouse Nixon

Thread