1997-11-01 - Re: apropos list talk and our culture

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk (Paul Bradley)
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 8f78af32c744591d218f5c6755c104ace5c9ff3821844a60944be207dfe25ca2
Message ID: <199711011312.NAA13437@mail.iso.port.ac.uk>
Raw Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 21:12:30 +0800

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk (Paul Bradley)
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 21:12:30 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: apropos list talk and our culture

>I will admit to a guilty pleasure: the opening scene, where the BATF agent
>gets shot in the face, was delicious.

It is often said that American TV is utter rubbish, but
surely this would be the saving grace of such a programme.

I too experienced such an effect a few days ago, when exiting
a stretch of dual-carriageway I saw a car accident up ahead, I
slowed down to see what had happened and saw a police motorcycle
crushed under a car`s wheels, and the badly injured officer being
stretchered away to an ambulance, a grin spread accross my face and
I started laughing. A fine sight.

Of course this story, which, since it involves the injury (and, I sincerely
hope, eventual death) of a jackbooted thug, has a sad side to it, The police
bikes
were being riden unsafely and without any regard for other motorists (they
were in a
convoy of about 30 bikes presumably guarding some statist motherfucker), but
I would
lay money that the driver who was hit by the cop bike is blamed and
prosecuted for
the accident.

Paul Bradley, currently in limbo between accounts but always reachable
at paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk

                Paul Bradley
          paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
           SMS: +44 (0)410933621