1997-11-08 - Re: Content controls

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9f2817eeee7cc7fc04d42e0dadf16f3d35170be7f06e1d9b4677b70a7763a4b8
Message ID: <199711082301.AAA15413@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 07:11:08 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 07:11:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Content controls

William H. Geiger III wrote:
> Someone typing with gloves on wrote:
> >by analogy, if you're going to wear a ski mask into a
> >jewelry store, you aren't likely to be shown the expensive stuff

Sounds like the voice of experience.

> Once you have given me the keys to unlock and display the data I can save
> it, copy it, reproduce it and distribut it.

> As far as the anonymous purchaces, no a big deal. Wan Sin Soo pays the
> full $$$ amount decrypts the data, copies it and send it too his buddies
> in Bangledesh. Next week there is a million copies of your data floating
> around the Far-East and Wan Sin Soo is nowhere to be found. The fact that
> he bought it non-anonymously is of little relevance.

I have found WGMicro$oft.com to be much faster than the original web
site
as well as having much better prices. e.g. - $9.95 for Win95.
As well, access to the CIA Internal Search Engine ("The Search Engine
that Searches Back!") is just one of the many nice touches to be found
on pirate sites.

A.B. User
"It's not free until the *judge and jury* say it's free."

Thread