1997-11-09 - Kill -9.9

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a400509d40995a43e5090ea53e412c97d29414b7606a7aa90feeda23aa329465
Message ID: <199711092157.WAA14309@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 06:11:22 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 06:11:22 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Kill -9.9

Eric Cordian wrote:
> In the discussion of the Intel F00FC7C8 problem, it was alleged that
> the instruction "unlk a7" will lock up a Motorola 68040 CPU even from
> user mode.

> Is anyone aware of non-privileged instructions which kill other popular
> CPUs, like Alphas, SPARCS, and MIPS?

In a world where government agencies using fear of the 'enemy' and
bragging about their 'dirty tricks' to gain increasing funding, I
am surprised that few seem to realize that many of the 'bugs' are
actually 'features,' and that when one finds a true, non-designed bug
in major hardware or software, there are certain government agencies
which may pay handsomely for the information, depending on the potential
and obscurity of the bug.
In a world where the value of 'tracking chips' and 'kill switches' on
personal automobiles is recognized, does anyone truly believe that
government agencies with billions of dollars worth of funding have
not recognized and instituted this technology surrupticiously in the
same areas where they brag about introducing 'faulty parts' into
weapons systems?

The government is desperate to maintain their electronic snooping and
warfare abilities as Year2000 approaches.
Hardware & Software == Intel & MicroSoft == VX-Chip & GAK/GMR

The government is using Anti-Trust actions to muscle both computer
giants.
A million dollar a day assault on MicroSoft, and release of compromising
'bug' information to put the squeeze on Intel.

KillMonger

Thread