1997-11-19 - It seemed like a good idea at the time…

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ab7ff6d11efeec05655e67392ba046e5d3a368b1ca82614a26f550d2a7315abc
Message ID: <34728C50.35BE@dev.null>
Raw Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:02:40 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:02:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: It seemed like a good idea at the time...

It was a pretty simple plan.
First, I stripped naked and painted myself blue. Then, I stood on my
head and started sending posts to the CypherPunks list.
Soon, I would be declared 'The Craziest Fucker on the InterNet' and be
the host of talk-shows across the nation. Letterman, Leno, Springer--
they would all be begging for my presence on their programs.

Little did I realize that my outrageous, insane offerings would be
trumped, time and time again, by seemingly average folks who held
down 'day jobs' in the heart of the mainstream computer industry.
Despite the widespread media coverage given to the homeless people who
wander the streets of America, babbling nonsensically to all who will
listen, as a result of the government abandoning the funding of homes
for the mentally ill and turning them out into the street...the media
is obviously ignoring the 'success stories' of those who have managed
to work their way into the heart of the computer industy, advancing
their corporate status by mandating compliance with offically approved
vaporware, and substituting membership in the CypherPunks mailing list
for their previous mind-distorting medications.

If it wasn't for Bill Stewart and Bill Frantz constantly referring to
me as 'that *normal* guy', I "could'a been a contend'a."

TruthMonger

Thread