1997-11-12 - Scared of US; Where to relocate?

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: b5895c1d50c6cea8ca965f3bdc3520268b1449d1f7501ee74cd052956f82ccb4
Message ID: <199711121431.PAA11022@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 22:38:42 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 22:38:42 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Scared of US; Where to relocate?

It has become very clear to me over the past few years that amerika
is headed for some pretty rough times, and I've decided to leave before
it becomes illegal for me to do so. The only question is, where to?

I've been looking around for about a week, and the only country that's
looked good so far was Anguilla (lower travel costs for FC99!), but it
doesn't meet my requirements for a number of reasons...

Key features I'm looking for are:

1) Stable political environment. I'm making the move, after all, to AVOID
participation in a civil war.

2) Stable economy, with local sources for all the basics (food, water,
energy).

3) Reasonable level of medical technology, and local talent. I want good
care for my wife during childbirth, for instance.

4) A job market for unix sysadmins / networking gurus / hackers would be
nice, but I wouldn't mind learning a new trade either.

5) Right to keep & bear arms + Freedom of speech are musts, other
"bill of rights" type laws strongly desired.

6) Low or no taxes would be nice, but if the first five points are met
even a fairly high (30-40%) tax rate would be endurable.

So... any suggestions?

Thread