1997-11-22 - Re: [cpe:4983] Good recent books on encryption, privacy, etc.?

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: bec73e901bd7d293de286ba096a3c15f2209442a42f6073b9b50f7182c706ff0
Message ID: <34764B9C.DCC@dev.null>
Reply To: <v04002704b09b99c65b9c@[139.167.130.248]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-22 03:15:14 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:15:14 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:15:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: [cpe:4983] Good recent books on encryption, privacy, etc.?

Robert Hettinga wrote:
> --- begin forwarded text
> From: david friedman <ddfr@BEST.COM>
> Subject:      Good recent books on encryption, privacy, etc.?

> I am getting ready to teach my seminar on Computers, Crime and Privacy
> again, and wondering if there is something new that I should substitute for
> _Building in Big Brother_. Are there any recent books that have a
> reasonably accessible treatment of encryption, the controversy over
> regulation, etc.? For that matter, are there any good recent books on
> computer crime?

There is a great new book just out, titled "Computers, Crime and
Privacy" which is getting rave reviews.

It is a compendium of articles by Bruce Schneider, David Chaum, Philip
Zimmermann, Tim C. May, Dorothy Denning, Louis J. Freeh, Janet Reno
and Jim Bell.

To receive a special edition copy signed by all of the above authors,
send $29.95 to:
  Publisher,
  Electronic Forgery Foundation
  Electronic Fraud Department,
  PO BOX 281,
  Bienfait, Saskatchewan
    CANADA  S0C 0M0

(Please allow 20 years for delivery.)

"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"
http://bureau42.base.org/public/xenix
"WebWorld & the Mythical Circle of Eunuchs"
http://bureau42.base.org/public/webworld
"InfoWar"
http://bureau42.base.org/public/infowar3
"The Final Frontier"