1997-11-03 - RE: Protocols for Insurance to Maintain Privacy

Header Data

From: “Brian B. Riley” <brianbr@together.net>
To: “‘cypherpunks’” <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Message Hash: c97055f79a74243891ac6dbab8f1c3c79180da3fe4148c0f22d3228248983391
Message ID: <199711030332.WAA23276@mx02.together.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:38:52 +0800

Raw message

From: "Brian B. Riley" <brianbr@together.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:38:52 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks'" <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Subject: RE: Protocols for Insurance to Maintain Privacy

On 10/31/97 12:46 PM, Tim May (tcmay@got.net)  passed this wisdom:

>I had an engineer working for me who cheerfully used the company medical
>plan for all it was worth. If his kid had a cold, off to the doctor. If his
>wife felt feverish, off to the doctor. If he had an upset stomache after
>lunch (understandable considering the state of company food and
>burrito-vending machines in 1980), off to the doctor.  He may have paid $5
>per visit. Of course, he took off a lot of time to make these various treks
>to have his kids, himself, and his wife "treated" (given aspirin, told to
>drink plenty of fluids, whatever). A nice racket for the hospitals.

 This is one (of many) things my ex-wife and I used to disagree on ...
she would want to haul the kid or herself off to the Emergency room
everytime anything happened ... the idea of sleeping on it and seeing how
it seemed in the morning was foreign to her; I can see that broken limbs
getting sharp raps in head etc ... but every little sniffle ... of course
premiums are up. For us, it was zero co-pay since between my retired
military status and back then Raytheon medical coverage I never had to
lay out a penny, when its that free eats easy to over-indulge ... and
during those times I spent in the ER waiting room I saw many other doing
the same thing.

Brian B. Riley --> http://www.macconnect.com/~brianbr
 For PGP Keys  <mailto:brianbr@together.net?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

     "Home is where your books are" --	Kitty O'Neal

Thread