1997-11-06 - [Fwd: Re: [RePol] Donations Received]

Header Data

From: Six <ualdv8@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cc1d6072bf1e61a9959d739e0f7efdc3c54516c67faff4ba544dcc44b9c90d15
Message ID: <34623BFA.597D@sk.sympatico.ca>
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 06:31:13 +0800

Raw message

From: Six <ualdv8@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 06:31:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [RePol] Donations Received]

This was sent through EFGA's Georgia Cracker Remailer, but seems to
have gotten 'lost' in the remail.
Go figure...

To: remailer@anon.efga.org
Subject: Re: [RePol] Donations Received
From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 22:24:00 -0600

::
Anon-To: cypherpunks@toad.com

Robert A. Costner wrote:

> This week Electronic Frontiers Georgia (EFGA) found donations in our
> mailbox for the first time.  I'd like to thank those of you who have sent
> us your support.  As you know, EFGA has no endowment or source of income.

  I was rather surprised when I received a plea for donations from these
people via my subscription to a suicide survivors mailing list. Likewise
when my 10 year old daughter mentioned receiving one through her 4H Club
mailing list.
  Upon asking others at work, I found that these people have been
sending
their requests to millions of people, through every conceivable internet
forum, and that quite a few of the recipients had been taken in, and
sent
them donations.

  In the interests of stopping this obvious scam, I have founded a group
dedicated to wiping out this kind of fraud on the internet, starting
with
the scum at the EFGA.
  If you are interested in contributing to our effort, send donations
to:
	Electronic Fraud Fighters (EFF)
	Box 281,
	Bienfait, Saskatchewan
	  CANADA   S0C 0M0
or email me at:
TruthMistress <tm@dev.null>

> If we raise $2,000 we will be getting a new
> server.  If we raise $900, we will be doing upgrades on the current machine.

> The address again is
>
>         Electronic Frontiers Georgia
>         Suite A-205
>         4780 Ashford Dunwoody Road