1997-11-11 - RE: Bell vs. Woodward–justice?

Header Data

From: rab@stallion.oz.au
To: tcmay@got.net
Message Hash: d8868f2f246e00ad0986137bdc85ff64d3399258cc9c5fc86e43ed3f6cdc677c
Message ID: <82E14F2F282AD11180330000010380310367B6@mallory.stallion.oz.au>
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:01:29 +0800

Raw message

From: rab@stallion.oz.au
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:01:29 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net
Subject: RE: Bell vs. Woodward--justice?

Tim May wrote:
> Apparently shaking a baby to death is a lesser crime than opposing
> government fascism and having a continuing interest in chemistry.
>
> And people wonder why the militia movement is gaining strength every
> day.
>
> The au pair Louise Woodward will serve less time in jail than Jim Bell
> will. While Bell languishes in a Washington state jail, awaiting (for
> almost 7 months!!) his sentence, the convicted babykiller is now free.
>
> I guess having a couple of fake SS tattoos, er, "numbers," and
> possibly opening a vial of mercaptin where some people would smell it,
> is a more serious crime than shaking a baby to death.
>
> Only in Amerika.
>
> Lock and load.
>
> --Tim May

Here in Australia the media has been giving this trial regular coverage
with the spin "Innocent English Person Wrongly Found Guilty by US Jury".
The coverage led me to believe that despite scientific evidence to  the
contrary the jury found Woodward guilty.  One other point from the
coverage was that Woodward represented herself for at least some part of
the trial, did Jim Bell do this too?

Obviously Tim you have been exposed to very different media coverage.

RAB

Thread