1997-11-25 - Re: Open Letter from ClickZ Publisher

Header Data

From: lcs Mixmaster Remailer <mix@anon.lcs.mit.edu>
To: mail2news@myriad.alias.net
Message Hash: f1ea58051add3ece83becbd484bf0ebc464883496bdd66f4fbcc42808e1c4d7d
Message ID: <19971125030003.14451.qmail@nym.alias.net>
Reply To: <347b570e.6405845@nntp.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-25 03:13:55 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 11:13:55 +0800

Raw message

From: lcs Mixmaster Remailer <mix@anon.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 11:13:55 +0800
To: mail2news@myriad.alias.net
Subject: Re: Open Letter from ClickZ Publisher

gburnore+spam@netcom.com (Gary L. Burnore) wrote:

> : gburnore+spam@netcom.com (Gary L. Burnore) wrote:
> : >
> : >Oh no, couldn't have been anyone from this group, right?  BULLSHIT.
> :
> : Unless it was you, criminal.
>
> So a being arrested (a ticket actually) is being a criminal to you, eh?

Good ol' Gary "Shoot from the Lip" Burnore ... gotta love 'im, right?  I
gotta hand it to you, Burnore, you have a knack for snatching defeat from
the jaws of victory.  The "criminal" comment was obviously intended as a
joke, and the poster even apologized for it, but you just couldn't leave
it alone, could you?  You had to go bragging about your "martyrdom" in
San Francisco, didn't you? For further info on Gary's arrest, visit:

   http://www.e-media.com/cm/sac.html

First off, it eventually became "a ticket actually" because it was plea
bargained down to that.  That's one of the advantages of committing a
"politically correct" offense in a city like Frisco.  The San Francisco
Police Department presumably doesn't take people into custody and impound
their vehicles for mere traffic tickets.

But it does prove that you're willing to break the law to prove a point.
Remember how you bragged about calling a spammer at home at 2 AM to
harass him?  When you say:

  "Oh no, couldn't have been anyone from this group, right?  BULLSHIT."

you're absolutely correct.  It could have been you! I have no doubt that
someone who'd dig up an ancient tax lien and post it to Usenet in an
attempt to embarass and silence a critic could well have done what's
mentioned here.