1997-11-18 - mailing list archive

Header Data

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@mit.edu>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: f380e80397c7d25d871d248faabb22bdd0f2db0fd7ceddcdcbbcf4894473aeb9
Message ID: <199711181616.LAA07392@tana.mit.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 00:26:33 +0800

Raw message

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 00:26:33 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM

My hard disk now contains an archive of all the messages (I hope...there
are 90k of them) posted on cypherpunks, since the beginning.  It's
CD-ROM sized; I'm building a glimpse index of them right now and will put
them up on the web (tentatively somewhere on http://sof.mit.edu/) soon.

I'll also be happy to copy them onto particular media (tape, cd, etc.) if I
have access to the drive, for cost + a meager amount to make it worth the
effort.  I think getting list archives distributed to as many people as
possible would be a good thing -- hopefully a recursive auction market will
start and people will leave me alone after a while.

I'm doing this because there isn't a decent searchable index anywhere
that I've found, and it would be a nice thing to have, and I don't think
the time is too far off when people will try to eliminate the list.  I've
been using the archive of cpunks as my test data set in writing Eternity
DDS -- I thought it was vaguely poetic, in a way.

Thread