1997-11-26 - Re: Another blast from the past

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: f717aa3c088f1b3b3a7a6be893ca62466a501f17f7e39008b292e92ef92a41cd
Message ID: <v04002700b0a0c027ccbc@[139.167.130.248]>
Reply To: <v03102804b0995f1609b7@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-26 00:07:32 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:07:32 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:07:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Another blast from the past

At 10:33 pm -0500 on 11/19/97, Tim May wrote:

> Another "blast from the past." Here Bob talks about showing up in Denver
> for the visit by several heads of state, to stage some "street theater."

All perfectly legal, and probably would have been fun, had I the disposable
income or time (both of which seem to be mutual exclusive, in my life :-))
to do it...

> Odd that he suddenly gets so offended when I say a judge has committed a
> capital crime.

Especially when the judge hasn't, and especially after making vieled
intimations about Dark Times To Come, the War Being Almost Upon Us, "Lock
and Load", and all that other cruft.

BTW, I have found that most people who go around saying "Lock and Load" all
the time are posers who've never actually had to in anger, or, if they
have, they're too old to remember how, anyway... :-/.

"Semper Fi", on the other hand... :-)

> Perhaps he's just more scared now than before.

Nope. This Little Bunny Rabbit has teeth. Grrrrrr... :-).

> Or perhaps he's having
> second thoughts about things.

Nope. CryptoAnarchy Rulez, d00d... Doesn't mean I'm going to go bang the
gorilla cage at the local precinct to go make it happen by, um,
Thanksgiving.

> Or maybe he's had his visit.

I seem to have answered this previously. Twice, now.

> The simplest
> solution is the likeliest: OTR.

Now, *that*'s an Ad Hominem. *Congratulations*, Tim. (Did you read my list
of informal fallacies? I found one, you know. I even posted it to the list,
somewhere. Check the archives...)

> But there's no way in hell I'm going to expose myself to imprisonment in a
> German jail to make some metaphorical point about the resurgence of fascism
> in Germany.

Yup, it seems you'd rather do it in the comfort of your own home...

You keep throwing these low slow ones, Tim, I'll keep "blasting" them.

Maybe you should have your arm looked at. Is it bursitis? *How* would you
get *that*? ...oop... Never mind...

Cheers,
Bob

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/
Ask me about FC98 in Anguilla!: <http://www.fc98.ai/>

Thread