1997-11-29 - National Poetry Contest

Header Data

From: ultramax@206.105.237.162
To: foryou@you.you
Message Hash: f7d55b8127d304bb2f499c62a97c62b357121ec464e10ff2e6c54755c43ee971
Message ID: <199711282300.TAA02547@ns.alpina1.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 21:42:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ultramax@206.105.237.162
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 21:42:46 -0800 (PST)
To: foryou@you.you
Subject: National Poetry Contest

SUBJECT:  Poetry Contest, Win $3000.00

TEXT OF MESSAGE:

               -N A T I O N A L  P O E T R Y  F O R U M-

   You are invited to submit a poem to the National Poetry Forum.  All works
will be read by our staff of award winning poets and writers, and you will
receive a "Critical Analysis Report" with detailed professional comments and
thoughts on your poetry.  The top 25 poems received, as determined by our
judges, will be awarded cash prizes including a $3,000.00 Grand Award.

   The National Poetry Forum, based in New York, looks for fresh new talent
in writers and poets like you.  We employ award winning professional poets to
analyze all poetry as well as judge them for award eligibility on the basis
of creativity and literary content.  With the writers permission, the 25
award winning poems will be "displayed" on our web site.
                         -RULES AND GUIDELINES-
-Send us ONE poem, any style and on any subject, no more than 25 lines typed
and single spaced on an 8x11 sheet of paper.
-In the upper left corner should be:
          -Title of Poem
          -Your Name
          -Your Street Address
          -City, State, Zip
          -Your E-Mail Address
-Send poem along with a $10.00 fee (this fee is both for the Critical
Analysis Report and for entry into Award Eligibility).  Make checks payable
to "National Poetry Forum"
-All poems must be received by January 15, 1998.
-CRITICAL ANALYSIS REPORT:  You will receive a personal Critical Analysis
Report regardless of award status.  This report will contain comments on your
poetry and professional insight into the use of the poetic styles and
techniques found in your work.  You will receive report by March 15.
-AWARDS:  Money awards will be given for the top 25 poems, as determined by
our judges.  The Grand Award is $3,000.00.  If your poetry is aming the top
25, you will receive your award along with the Critical Analysis Report.
-DEADLINE:  January 15.

Send poem along with a $10.00 non-refundable fee to:
          National Poetry Forum
          PO Box 381
          New York, NY 10040
**Make checks payable to "National Poetry Forum"

-QUESTIONS?  COMMENTS?  Feel free to E-Mail us at NatPoeFor@aol.com
Visit our web site at http://members.aol.com/NatPoeFor/poetry.html

Please note:  The National Poetry Forum does not retain the rights to any
poetry or literary works received.  All poems are the sole property of the
writer.

Thread