1997-11-20 - Re: NBC Mugs Jim Bell

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: John Young <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: fa3fcf0186bb859f0879eb2f8abb3c4f682d35f1643244cf2293a9e06685276d
Message ID: <v03102803b099469547d8@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19971120003433.007127f0@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-20 02:51:19 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:51:19 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:51:19 +0800
To: John Young <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: NBC Mugs Jim Bell

At 5:34 PM -0700 11/19/97, John Young wrote:
>An NBC News story this evening on the threat of CB
>terrorism full-screened a closeup of Jim Bell's mug shot,
>the same as the lead photo in US News last week. The
>story presented much the same line and Internet
>sources of frightening information but did not balance
>it with a sidebar on burgeoning anti-terrorist opportunism
>as did US News.

Just in time for his sentencing tomorrow.....

Sort of like the way one of the guns on the list of "stolen guns" (from a
gunshop) had been bought by Terry Nichols a year before the robbery,
according to records which showed up in trial today.  "Whoops."  Sounds
like a setup, with false evidence, that the government screwed up.

Justice in Amerika. "Manufacturing Consent," indeed.

Go see "The Jackal" and root for Bruce Willis...I know I did.

--Tim May