1997-12-14 - Re: Nobody will debate John Gilmore on crypto?

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2910e8e52c584daf1b500c1f73b008ede0e80aa8be379b44addb92a9f9b46495
Message ID: <VFJPHe1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <v03007814b0b92aacdb02@[204.254.21.75]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-14 15:32:05 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 23:32:05 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 23:32:05 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Nobody will debate John Gilmore on crypto?

Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com> writes:

> [John Gilmore stopped by for this afternoon's crypto gathering to update us
> on the Bernstein lawsuit. Seems odd to me that he can't find someone to
> defend the administration's stance on encryption, especially since NSA's
> headquarters is close to the University of Maryland. --Declan]
> Subject: Gilmore speech in Baltimore on encryption policy, Tues night
>    Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 21:35:12 -0800
>    From: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
>      To: cme@cybercash.com, declan@well.com
>
> From: "Dr. Alan Sherman" <sherman@cs.umbc.edu>
>
>    The UMBC Security Technology Research Group presents
>
>         Two Divergent Views on Encryption Policy:
>
> I.  Wisdom and Constitutionality in U.S. Cryptography Policy
>  John Gilmore, Co-Founder, Electronic Frontier Foundation
>
> II. A Government Perspective on Encryption Policy
>  [Will anyone from the U.S. Government agree to speak??*]

I was going to suggest that you contact Dr. Dorothy Denning (or bring in
Dr. Fred Cohen).

However it's clear that no decent person wants to sit next to the disgusting
cocksucker Jon Gilmore, whose fascist censorsh you, forger Declan, have
been defending.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM