1997-12-02 - Is Anonymous guilty of immorally advocating morality?

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 348e1abb2fe0d9b421562203e0e8095e39017008b00eab04a22d8bb13d18cd5e
Message ID: <3483F266.1028@dev.null>
Reply To: <199712012255.XAA26038@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-02 11:42:34 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 19:42:34 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 19:42:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Is Anonymous guilty of immorally advocating morality?

Why is it that people on a moral high-horse always seem to think that
that those are 'pearls of wisdom' dropping from their horse's hind-end?

Anonymous, dripping cum from the edges of a happy mouth, slurred:
> There's a fallacy which is quite common on this list, especially among
> members whose positions are otherwise indefensible.

  Sounds like shit-for-brains is about to launch another character
assault in the name of truth, righteousness and good dental hygene.

> On this list we see the same fallacy, turned around: if it is legal, it
> must be moral.  Someone is attacked for posting some vicious, hateful,
> immoral rant, and they respond that what they said was legal, because of
> freedom of speech and the First Amendment.  Their critic must be opposed
> to free speech if he objects to their words.

  As opposed to your own vicious, hateful, 'moral' rants against
vicious, hateful, 'immoral' rants?

> Confusing what is legal and what is moral is a dangerous game.  It leads
> to the false reasoning of the statists.  We must remember that there is
> a clear distinction between morality and legality.

  Are you a kindergarten teacher? Do you have a chart where you are
placing different colored stars beside the list members names?

> We all agree with freedom of speech.

  No we don't. Shut the fuck up!

> But this does not mean that all speech is equally valid.

  Did you take a statement that had meaning and edit it to come
up with this one?
  Time flies like an arrow--fruit flies like a banana.
  OK, _your_ turn again...

> Cypherpunks are intelligent enough not to be fooled by this attempt
> to use the principle of free speech to justify calls for violence and
> murder.

  CypherPunks are intelligent enough to realize that calls for violence
and murder, like the acts themselves, do not need justification.
  Didn't your parents teach you that the justification for everything
is, "Because I said so!"?

> It's no wonder, really, that people like May and Vulis attempt to confuse
> the issue by pretending that their critics are opposed to freedom of
> speech.

  You seem to have a desperate need to explain to the rest of the list
readers exactly what it is they are reading and what it means. You must
be a lot of fun to go to a movie with.

>They know that if they are judged by their own words, their
> character is revealed for all to see.  Any smokescreen is welcome if it
> helps conceal their vicious, hateful nature.

  Give it a fucking break...
  If you are going to piss on someone on this list, please make an
effort to do a decent job of it. Lame, smarmy character assassinations
such as yours only serve to accentuate your envy of others for their
ability to exercise their vicious, hateful nature more potently than
yourself.

  Go give your morality speeches to your kindergarten class while you
play with their little bums.

TruthMonger

Thread